May the Lord give us the grace to live in full fellowship with our brothers and sisters of other religions, praying for one another, open to all.
Prayer Read more Read less
God our Father,
you love each of your children
and you don’t stop taking care of them and looking out for their good,
Help me to be the image and the example of this love of yours.
May I find in each person a brother or sister
and truly love them,
welcoming them despite any differences we may have,
respecting them in their dignity,
regardless of their origin or faith.
I pray that in the hearts of all your children,
the seed of human fraternity is cultivated,
to build your kingdom together on this earth.
Here I am on this new day.
Place my heart once more
next to the Heart of your Son Jesus,
who is giving himself for me and who comes to me in the Eucharist.
May your Holy Spirit make me his friend and apostle,
available for his mission of compassion.
I place in your hands my joys and hopes,
my works and sufferings, everything that I am and have,
in communion with my brothers and sisters of this Worldwide Prayer Network.
With Mary, I offer you my day for the mission of the Church
and for the prayer intentions of the Pope and my Bishop for this month.
Attitudes Read more Read less
- Welcome others together with Pope Francis, responding to the call to human fraternity: “Social friendship and universal fraternity necessarily call for an acknowledgement of the worth of every human person, always and everywhere.” (Fratelli Tutti, 106).
- Build bridges within the family, in your own community, always promoting reasons for unity and fighting against division. “Each one of us is called to be an artisan of peace, by uniting and not dividing, by extinguishing hatred and not holding on to it, by opening paths of dialogue and not by constructing new walls.” (Fratelli Tutti, 284).
- Welcome diversity, giving thanks for people who are different from you, who belong to other religions, looking at them as brothers or sisters, generous in gestures and attitudes of sympathy and acceptance. “How much our human family needs to learn to live together in harmony and peace, without all of us having to be the same!” (Fratelli Tutti, 100).
- Pray for human fraternity, for those who suffer because their dignity is neglected, so that they may be seen as brothers and sisters and not treated as threats. “Jesus told us: You are all brothers” (Matthew 23:8).
- Cultivate openness, promote moments of encounter and coexistence with religious groups different from yours, physically or through digital means. “We believers need to find occasions to speak with one another and to act together for the common good and the promotion of the poor.” (Fratelli Tutti, 282).