- I have loved you with everlasting love… (Jeremiah 31:3)
- Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands… (Isaiah 49:15)
- This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son… (1John 4:10)
- God chose us in Christ before the world was made. (Ephesians 1:4)
- Nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:39)
The first and most enduring word in our life of faith is the Father’s everlasting love. This is what he is continuously saying to us and what we fathom in all he does for us each day: I love you. It is his essence, “God is love” (1 John 4:8); he cannot not love us. LOVE is the way in which the Lord looks at us always, regardless of the course our life has taken–even if we have strayed away from him because of our sin. His love is unconditional and notwithstanding. It is the principle and the foundation of our spiritual way. Our life starts by his love, is sustained by it, and one day will be received by that love. To acknowledge his love gives us the chance to love him in return.