We pray for women who are victims of violence, that they may be protected by society and have their sufferings considered and heeded.
Prayer Read more Read less
You who love each of your sons and daughters,
Make the gifts of your Spirit bear fruit in me, so that I may learn to love as you love.
Give me the grace to look at each woman with the gaze of the heart, the look capable of giving full value and being filled with gratitude.
I pray to you for all women who are victims of violence, may their sufferings be heard and considered, and may they work every day of their lives with great dignity knowing that, as the Holy Father says, “a conquest in favor of women is an achievement for the good of all humanity. ”
Here I am on this new day.
Place my heart once more
next to the Heart of your Son Jesus,
who is giving himself for me and who comes to me in the Eucharist.
May your Holy Spirit make me his friend and apostle,
available for his mission of compassion.
I place in your hands my joys and hopes,
my works and sufferings, everything that I am and have,
in communion with my brothers and sisters of this Worldwide Prayer Network.
With Mary, I offer you my day for the mission of the Church
and for the prayer intentions of the Pope and my Bishop for this month.
Attitudes Read more Read less
- Discover and embrace the value of women, as Pope Francis proposes: “It is unacceptable that a person has fewer rights simply because they are a woman.” (FT, n. 121)
- Listen carefully to the suffering of the women you meet with a welcoming attitude. “Can I look at people with my heart? Do I have the people I live with in my heart?” (Pope Francis, 01.01.20)
- Become aware of the subtle and implicit forms of violence that exist in society, many of them tolerated and normalized in conversations, prejudices or social stigmas. “Doubly poor are women who suffer from situations of exclusion, mistreatment and violence, because they are often less able to defend their rights.” (Pope Francis, EG, n.212)
- Consider the essential value that women bring to the various spheres of social, ecclesial, labor, political life, etc. “Despite notable improvements in the recognition of women’s rights and their participation in the public space, there is still much to do in some countries.” (Pope Francis, AL, 54)
- Protect women who suffer. Collaborate with institutions that work to support women who are victims of violence. “If we want a better world, that is a house of peace and not a field of war, we must all do much more for the dignity of every woman.” (Pope Francis, 01.01.20)